City Comptroller FAQ

No answers matched your search
General Questions
Can I pay my bills online?

The City of Watertown accepts payments online by eCheck, credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Discover), and debit card.  For more information or to pay a bill online, please click here.

What do I make my check payable to?

Checks can be made payable to either the "City of Watertown" or the "City Comptroller".

Can I pay my bill by credit card?

Credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Discover) payments are only accepted by paying online.  For more information or to pay a bill online, please click here.

Property Taxes
When are my property tax bills due?

Due dates for City, County and School taxes can be found here.

How do I get a copy of my tax receipts?

Tax certification ($5.00) will provide the tax payment information for the past year.

Tax search ($10.00) will provide the tax payment information for the past ten years

Mail a check for the appropriate amount payable to the "City of Watertown" along with a written request for either a tax certification or a tax search.

Parking Tickets
Where do I pay my Parking Ticket?

Parking tickets received in the City of Watertown can be paid the following ways:

  • Online by clicking here
  • City Hall Drop Box located at the Sterling Street entrance to the building
  • Mail to City Comptroller, City Hall, 245 Washington St, Watertown, NY 13601
  • In the City Comptroller’s Office located on the second floor of City Hall

For questions, please call 315-785-7754

Speeding and other moving violations are paid in City Court located on the 1st floor of City Hall, 245 Washington St, Watertown NY 13601. For questions, please call (315)785-7789.

General Information
City Comptroller
James Mills
Phone Numbers
(315) 785-7754
Fax: (315) 785-7826
Emergencies: Dial 911
245 Washington St. Suite 203

Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm