Vitals: Birth Certificates, Death Certificates and Marriage Certificates
The City Clerk issues certified copies of birth and death certificates for birth and deaths occurring in the City of Watertown as well as marriage certificates for marriage licenses purchased at the Watertown City Clerk’s Office.
Requests can be made in person, through the internet or by mail. Our office does not accept requests through email.
Requests In Person:
- Applicant must appear in person at the City Clerk’s Office, 245 Washington Street, Room 101, Watertown, NY
- Bring your Photo ID
- Fee is $10 for each certified copy (cash, money order, debit/credit card accepted – additional processing fees for debit/credit card payments)
Requests through the Internet:
Orders can be made online using your credit card through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide this Internet Ordering Service.
Use the following link: (http://www.vitalchek.com/Campaign?site=2&clickid=934778831448768514)
- Fee is $10 for each certified copy along with an additional $7.25 credit card processing fee
- Overnight express shipping is available for an additional fee of $19.50 (this option is not available for a Post Office Box)
- Other internet vendors are not authorized by The Watertown City Clerk and may charge additional fees without providing state-approved services. Neither The Watertown City Clerk nor VitalChek have control over the services and fees these other internet vendors offer, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any data provided to vendors other than VitalChek.
Requests By Mail:
- Complete and sign the appropriate request form
- Include a copy of your Photo ID
- Include the fee of $10 for each certified copy (only money order accepted)
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 245 Washington Street, Room 101, Watertown, NY 13601