Services offered by Watertown Police Department
Police & Accident Report Copies
2nd Floor of Public Safety Building
751 Waterman Dr.
Ph: (315) 786-2637
Ph: (315) 786-2640
Ph: (315) 786-2619 (to set up appt.)
9:00 am - 3:45 pm
Monday - Friday
Close Legal Holidays
These can be obtained at the Records Department for 25 cents a page. You must request reports in person. They cannot be mailed or faxed.
Note: If the person requesting the report is a suspect or person of interest in a criminal investigation, they cannot obtain a copy. We also cannot release report copies of on-going criminal investigations or report copies containing evidentiary information.
- Bicycle Licenses can be obtained at the Police Department's Records Window. Bike Licenses are only 25 cents each. If the bike is lost or stolen, the license and/or the recorded frame number helps us return it to the owner.
- Bicycle Auctions: The city has a bike auction once a year. It will be announced in the local newspaper.
- Records / Background Checks can be obtained at the Police Department's Records Window. You must bring a photo ID. Records checks are $10.00. Keep in mind the check is for the City of Watertown only!
- Fingerprint Cards can be done at the Identification and Evidence Unit, for $2 per card. Employers or Agencies requesting the checks are supposed to supply the blank cards. Call (315) 786-2619 ahead of time to make an appointment.
- ID cards: The police department no longer does photo I.D. cards for civilians.
- Evidence and Property Retrieval: You can retrieve lost property and evidence items at the records window, during the above listed hours. The records clerks cannot retrieve the items for you, the Evidence and Property Officers must do it. Please do not stop in un-announced , as the officers may have been called out to a scene, or they may be tied up on a case, and unable to help you.
Please call (315) 786-2619 ahead of time.